SOAL 89: Conflict Tips and Insights
Dr. Alicia, Dr. Eileen, and guest Carol Bowser discuss the significance of not avoiding tough conversations and provide strategies for effectively managing conflicts. They highlight the responsibility inherent in conflict resolution and advocate for proactive mediation to address disputes.
Take a moment to figure out how can I have this conversation in a way that I think the other person would hear.
Conflicts are an opportunity to learn and grow.
Mediation empowers people to resolve their own disputes and invites them back into the conversation.
- It is important to gather your thoughts and find a way to communicate in a manner that the other person would be receptive to.
- Conflict is a part of all relationships, and everyone has their own relationship with it, whether they confront it head-on or try to avoid it.
- Conflict management skills can be developed and improved upon through practice and learning from past experiences.
- Resolving conflicts requires listening, understanding different perspectives, and finding a way to move forward that ensures everyone feels successful at work.
- The need to strike a balance between individual authenticity and collaboration in the workplace