SOAL 67: Kindness is Strength
Lodro Rinzler is a Buddhist meditation teacher and an award-winning author of several books, including “Take Back Your Mind.” He grew up in New York City in a Buddhist household and began meditating at the young age of 6 years old. Lodro says meditation is possible for everyone and like many other practices, is a learned skill that can be perfected over time. Today Lodro discusses with us the power of meditation. He also explains the important benefits to meditation, including reducing stress and increasing creativity. Embrace the simplicity of living in the present moment!
Come back to the simplicity of the present moment.
Every moment has an energy. Either it will ride you or you can ride it.
When you’re open to love, so many more doors open.
If we can train to be with something as simple as the breath and just be present here, then we will be more present with our loved ones.
- Research shows a little bit of mindful meditation every day reduces stress.
- We can’t be skillful with stressful situations if we’re coming at it from a place of confusion or fear.
- There are 4 kinds of love: kindness, compassion, sympathetic joy, and equanimity.
- Anxiety doesn’t happen to you, it’s making better choices with your mind.
- Kindness, Understanding, and Love (Open-Heartedness) are core values.